BMW 3 Series E30
since 1983-1994 release
Repair and operation of the car
- 1. Maintenance instruction
1.1.2. Overall dimensions
1.1.3. Driver's seat
1.1.5. Keys for the car equipped with an immobilizer
1.1.6. Window regulators
1.1.7. Safety cushions
1.1.8. On-board computer
1.1.12. The counter of the total passable way
1.1.13. Sound signal
1.1.14. 3-staged automatic transmission
1.1.15. 4-staged automatic transmission
1.1.16. Mechanical transmission
1.1.17. Emergency brake
1.1.18. Car running in period
1.1.20. Threefold catalytic converter
1.1.21. Engine oil
1.1.23. Rules of placement of freight in a luggage carrier
1.1.24. Launch of the engine and driving
1.1.25. Methods of driving
1.1.26. Towage of the trailer
1.1.27. Actions at refusal of launch of the engine
1.1.28. A start order from the additional battery
1.1.29. If the engine decayed during the movement
1.1.30. Actions at an engine overheat
1.1.31. Actions at a wheel puncture
1.1.32. Rules of towing
1.1.33. Check of pressure in tires
1.1.34. Check of a state and replacement of tires
1.1.35. Shift of wheels
1.1.36. Installation of winter tires and chains
1.1.37. Check of an external condition of the battery
1.1.38. Battery charging
+ 2. Maintenance
+ 3. Engine
+ 4. Cooling system
+ 5. Heating and ventilation
+ 6. Fuel system
+ 7. Exhaust system
+ 8. Transmissions
+ 9. Coupling
+ 10. Brake system
+ 11. Running gear
+ 12. Body
+ 13. Electric equipment
+ 14. Useful tips
High temperature of cooling liquid, loss of power or strong ringing knocks indicate by the engine an engine overheat. In this case an operations procedure such is.
1. Curtail on a roadside, stop and include signals of an emergency stop. Transfer the lever to situation P (on automatic transmission) or in neutral situation (on mechanical transmission), put the car on the emergency brake. Switch off the conditioner (if it was included).
2. If leave a radiator steam or liquid pours out, then stop the engine. After the steam-out stops open a cowl. If the steam-out or liquid is not observed, then do not stop the engine, be convinced that the cooling system fan works. If the fan does not rotate, then switch off ignition.
3. Check survey integrity of a belt of the drive of the pump of cooling liquid. Check existence of leaks from a radiator, hoses and from below the engine. Keep in mind that if the conditioner was switched on, then from units of the conditioner water running off is allowed.
4. If the belt is torn, or there is a liquid leak, then immediately stop the engine and call service of car service.
5. If the belt is whole and there are no dribbles, then check availability of liquid in a broad tank. If the tank is empty, then add liquid on the working engine. Fill a tank approximately to the middle.
It is not allowed to remove a stopper of a jellied mouth of a radiator on the hot engine. Otherwise it is possible to get burn the steam or liquid escaping under pressure.
6. After cooling of liquid up to the normal temperature check level in a tank again. If level strongly fell, then in the cooling system there are a leak and the car is subject to immediate repair (address to car service).